De’Longhi buys 40 per cent of Eversys
The Italian De’Longhi Group has acquired 40 per cent of the Swiss Eversys Group, with a two-way option for the remaining 60 per cent to be transferred to De’Longhi within the next two to four years.
Eversys specialises in the engineering, manufacturing and international commercialisation of fully automatic espresso machines, designed for the professional Hotels, restaurant and catering market. The company, which was founded in 2009, achieved a turnover of more than US$17 million in 2016 with 51 employees.
The Italian De’Longhi Group is a leading publicly listed manufacturer of household appliance products and is the global market leader in the segment of coffee machines for the home.
In 2016 the group achieved a turnover of almost US$2 billion and employs over 7,100 people in multiple countries.
With the investment in Eversys, De’Longhi takes the first step into the professional espresso coffee market, with a focus on the fully automatic machines segment.
“Eversys brings a wealth of technology, a management team with proven experience in the sector and the ambition to become a leading player in the global professional coffee market. This partnership is also driven by the technological, industrial and distribution synergies, which De’Longhi is able to assure,” says Fabio De’Longhi, Vice-Chairman and CEO of the De’Longhi Group.
“For Eversys, the partnership with De’Longhi creates a significant potential of synergies, which will contribute to accelerate and secure our ambitious development plans. In addition, it offers the midterm possibility for the founders and current shareholders to resolve their succession strategy,” says Martin Strehl, Chairman and Delegate of the Board of Eversys.
Eversys will continue to operate as a strategically separate entity, led by the previous management team and remaining located in the Region of the Valais, in Switzerland.
The closing of the transaction is expected before mid-July 2017.