The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) has announced the winners for the Best New Product Awards, Coffee Design Awards, and Sustainability Awards, as part of the 2021 SCA Awards program.
The SCA Awards recognise excellence in product innovation, design, and sustainability across the industry.
The 2021 Best New Product Winners are:
- Consumer Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment (Non-electrical): Varia Brewing by Varía
- Consumer Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment (Electrical): Ode Brew Grinder by Fellow
- Commercial Cold Brew Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment: Baby HardTank by Hard Beans
- Commercial Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment: Touch 03 by Tone Kaffeemaschinen Ag (pictured)
- Specialty Non-Coffee Beverage Stand Alone: Sparking Botanicals by Rishi
- Specialty Coffee Beverage Additive: Organic Syrup Line by 1883 Maison Routin
- Roasting Equipment & Tools: Coffee Moisture & Density Meter RM-800 by RoastRite
- Technology: Coffee Calibration Scheme (TVS 2.0) by FlavorActiv
- Coffee Accessories: Avensi Coffee Enhancing Glassware by ICOSA Brewhouse
- Open Class: El Compács de Café by Caravela Coffee
The 2021 Sustainability Award winners are:
- Business Model: Pachamama Coffee Cooperative:
- Project: Alto Mayo Landscape Peru REDD+ Project
- Individual: Michael Sheridan
The 2021 Coffee Design Awards winners are:
- Branding: Onyx Coffee Lab. Design by Jon Allen, and Jeremy Tef
- Vessels: Fellow. Design by Pajnucci Vue, Drew Cosgarea, and Julian Bagirov
- Packaging: Onyx Coffee Lab. Design by Jon Allen, Jeremy Teff, and Taylor Morgan
- Spaces: Onyx Coffee Lab. Design by Jon Allen & Bradley Edwards
Taking place online for the first time, the 2021 SCA Awards was open to companies and individuals around the globe, expanding the reach and prestige of these annual competitions.
Winner entries and all submissions to the Best New Product and Coffee Design Awards are permanently on digital display on New in Coffee and Design in Coffee, respectively.