The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) is now accepting submissions for its Best New Product Competition and Display, and the Coffee Design Awards that will be held at the SCA Expo in New Orleans, United States from 30 September to 3 October 2021.
Submissions for both awards are open until 13 August.
Created more than 16 years ago, the Best New Product Competition and Display seeks to recognise the latest innovations in the specialty coffee industry. Judging will be based on factors such as the products functionality, user comfort, value creation, sustainability message, and more.
Recent award winners include the likes of Fellow, Hard Beans, Flavor Activ, and 1883 Maison Routin. All submissions will be placed on a permanent digital display on SCA’s New in Coffee platform.
Competition categories include:
• Coffee Accessories
• Commercial Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment
• Commercial Cold Brew Preparation and Serving Equipment
• Consumer Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment (Electrical)
• Consumer Coffee Preparation and Serving Equipment (Non-Electrical)
• Open Class
• Roasting Equipment and Tools
• Specialty Coffee Beverage Flavor Additive
• Specialty Non-Coffee Beverage Stand Alone
The Coffee Design Awards are sponsored by packaging supplier TricorBraun Flex and are designed to acknowledge the role design plays in distinguishing specialty coffee.
The award has four categories including coffee spaces, branding, coffee vessels, and packaging. All submissions will also be placed on permanent display on SCA’s Design in Coffee platform.
For more information, please visit coffeeexpo.org/coffee-design-awards